How does WaterAid choose where to work?
The countries where we work are selected based on the following criteria:
- There is potential for WaterAid’s work to be effective and have a long-term positive impact.
- The country lies at the lower end of the UNDP (United Nations Development Program) Human Development Index, or has pockets of extreme poverty,and a significant part of the population in the country lacks access towater and sanitation.
- There is an opportunity for WaterAid’s work to be coordinated with, and add value to, that of others.
- There is potential for us to influence other organizations to improve access to safe water and sanitation.
- There is an opportunity for WaterAid to widen our experience and knowledge giving us greater credibility to influence global change.
Photo: Esther Havens